Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
This page contains a list of useful keyboard shortcuts that are available in Shareaza.
Note: These keys should work in all display modes, unless stated otherwise.
These are general shortcut keys that may be used anywhere in Shareaza.
F1 - Open help
- Opens the Shareaza help site (FAQ) in your web browser.
F3 - Downloads
F4 - Uploads
F5 - Library
- Opens the Library Manager window.
F6 - Media Player
- Opens the Shareaza Media Player.
F7 - Security
- Opens the Security Rules Window.
F8 - Host Cache
- Opens the Host Cache window.
F9 - Discovery Services
- Opens the Discovery Services Window. This displays a list of all the services that help you connect to the networks.
F10 - Graph
- Opens a Graph Window.
F11 - System Window
- Opens the System Window. This displays a log of Shareazas recent activity during the current session.
F12 - IRC
- Opens the IRC Chatrooms window.
Ctrl + F1 - Packet Dump
- Opens the Packet Dump Window.
Ctrl + F2 - Search Monitor
- Opens the Search Monitor window. This displays a list of search queries that have been received from the network.
Ctrl + F3 - Hit Monitor
- Opens the Hit Monitor window.
Ctrl + F11 - Neighbours Window
- Opens the Neighbours Window (this was changed from F2)
Ctrl + D - Download File/Torrent
- Opens the new download dialog box. You can insert an URL here for Shareaza to download.
Ctrl + G - Connect To Network
- Tells Shareaza to connect to the networks, if currently disconnected.
Ctrl + H - Home Tab
- Opens the Shareaza Home tab.
Ctrl + O - Shareaza Settings
- Opens the Shareaza Settings dialog.
Ctrl + S - Search
- Opens a new Search Window.
Ctrl + T - Connect To Dialog
- Opens the Connect To dialog. This allows you to specify a particular host you want to connect to.
Ctrl + Shift + Z - Reskin
- Reapplies the current skin(s) to Shareaza's interface.
These shortcut keys work in the Downloads Window
- Pressing the Delete key will remove the currently selected download from the Downloads Window. It will also stop seeding a selected reseeding torrent.
These shortcut keys only work while viewing the Shareaza Library.
- Renames the selected File
Alt + Up - Go to Parent
- Opens the parent of the currently selected directory.
Shift + Click - Open Default Program
- If you Shift - Click on a media file, instead of the file opening the Shareaza Media Player, the file will do so in the default program for that file type.
- Note: Using Shift + Enter on a file will have the same result.
These shortcut keys only work while viewing the Shareaza Media Player.
Alt + Enter - Full Screen
- Resizes the window so video is displayed full screen.
Home and End
- Restore playing speed after clicking on the speed slider.