Do not translate this page into other languages. It is either low priority, too specific or incomplete.
This page has been updated on 2011-01-12 for the release of Shareaza v220.127.116.11.
The information on this page should apply to all Envy versions provided there are no major changes.
The steps are easy:
- Search for "shareaza" within the eDonkey network.
- After few seconds you should obtain a few results in the search window.
- Download the file with has most sources (probably it will be an installer of Envy you have already).
- Switch to the Download Window/Transfers Tab and wait a few seconds so the source list will grow. A few sources should be Envy nodes.
- Pause the download (you are not interested in the actual file and you need the list of sources that will be erased if the download has been finished).
- Move your mouse pointer over one of the Envy node listed and write down its IP and port.
- Hit [CTRL]+[T] and fill in the IP and the port you have previously written down. Then click on "Connect".
- Wait a few second and use [CTRL]+[F11] to check whether a connection has been established.
- Repeat with another Envy node, if needed.
Note that the Envy node you try to connect to will reject you 99% of the time, but will most probably give your Envy client a list of known Envy Hubs. In my experience, Envy will connect to the Gnutella2 network in a matter of seconds and populate the Host Cache within a few minutes.