Envy Settings Dialog
The Options Dialog is divided into six sections:
Change general Envy settings.
- General: Edit general user interface settings.
- Library: Manage the Envy Library system.
- Media Player: Configure the Envy Media Player.
- Community: Edit your profile and P2P chat settings.
- Chat: Configure Envy's integrated IRC Chat.
- Web: Configure the Web Browser integration of Envy.
Configuration related to your internet connection. Here you can configure the port, speeds, queues, and some behaviors on file transfers (uploads and downloads).
- Connection: Set the kind of your internet connection. (Speed, Port, ...)
- Downloads: Change the way downloads are performed.
- Uploads: Change upload settings. (U/L slots, Queue size, ...)
- Remote Access: Enable/disable remote administration of Envy.
- Scheduler: Change some behaviors of Envy depending on the time of day and day of the week.
Change the networks that Envy connects to, and the way that it behaves on them.
- Gnutella: Configure how you want to connect to Gnutella2 and gnutella.
- eDonkey2000: Configure the behavior, and has tools to import partials and .met files.
- BitTorrent: Display Additional BitTorrent Interface Elements, Configure number of Active Torrents at Once; Number of Client Connections; Enable EndGame mode (allows you to complete the download of the last piece quicker); Configure where you want to store your torrent files; Be able to launch your favorite torrent creator by linking it to the executable; Choose the default tracker for your own torrent files.
- Protocols: This had version information about the protocols used by Envy. (It has been removed and is not present anymore in v2.4.0.x and following versions.)
- Skins: Change the look and feel of Envy.
- Plugins: Add additional functionality to Envy by the use of plugins.
Set advanced options. This section is only for users who know exactly how P2P in general and Envy more specifically work. Note that this section is only visible when operating in Power Mode.
All Advanced Settings: This is the main page. Links to the different sections of the page can be seen below:
- Bandwidth: allows a user to edit bandwidth limiting functions for different aspects of the program. Setting an element ensures that the bandwidth used by that feature does not exceed the value specified.
- BitTorrent: pertains to settings used with the BitTorrent network and BitTorrent file transfers only.
- Community: Community settings.
- Connection: provides options for tweaking TCP connection options from within Envy.
- Discovery: configures how Envy behaves when making requests to host discovery services.
- Downloads: configures the way Envy handles download requests and file transfers from remote hosts.
- eDonkey: pertains to settings used with the eDonkey network and eDonkey file transfers only.
- Experimental: pertains to settings concerning experimental features of Envy.
- Gnutella: pertains to settings used with all Gnutella networks and Gnutella file transfers only.
- Gnutella1: pertains to settings used with the original gnutella network and gnutella file transfers only.
- Gnutella2: pertains to settings used with the Gnutella2 network and Gnutella2 file transfers only.
- Interface: contains specific GUI settings.
- IRC: contains settings for IRC and the IRC Chat Window of Envy.
- Library: configures the behavior of items in the Envy Library system.
- Media Player: configures the behavior of the Envy Media Player.
- Remote: configures Envys Remote Access.
- Scheduler: configures Envys scheduler feature.
- Search: configures the behavior of searches and search results at the application layer.
- Toolbars: sets the behavior of the toolbars.
- Uploads: configures the way Envy makes uploads and handles file transfer requests from remote hosts.